Apple the name itself is a trust. Apple build this is the mind of the users. Company works hard to gain this trust. And work more harder to maintain this trust. Apple as a brand comes to our mind because of the data security feature. Apple has a moto of keeping their user data secure. That is the reason apple does not compromise on that part.
As apple maintain thing for securing the data like software and other stuff. Apple has certain restoration plan in mind keeping the user data at some place. And then whenever user changes the phone or accidental reset the device, they want their data back. So, for there customer getting there old data back which they might have stored at some place.
Suppose user is facing certain issue with the phone like slow so user normally reset their device but before doing that they need their data to back up. This is the place where apple must come to get their user data restore.
Below is the restoration technique which apple use:
iTunes Restoration –
By using itune user can connect their devices to apple mac. And restore a personal or corporate backup. When restore is complete, the user will be brought back to the activation assistant where the setup will continue. And it is part of the process for security concern, the user will be prompted to authenticate.
Corporate data comes when the device is been managed by the MDM. And also the device comes under the Apple Automated Device Enrollment so that we can restore corporate data.
By using itunes user can take backup of the users data on the apple mac device reset their device back to the default setting and then restore the data back to the device as per the users need or company needs.
iCloud Restoration –
If the apple user does not have a mac so for them the restoring of data would have been a trouble. So, fix that apple comes up with the solution. iCloud Restoration in this the user can take a backup of their device on cloud. As this storage is on cloud any body can access this so to secure the data. Apple came up with the apple Id and password for authentication. To confirm the user accessing the data through cloud is authentic or not. Because the people who stores their data on cloud want to secure their data.
Incase user is facing issue with the devices like the device is working slow. In this scenario user must reset their device. But user worries of the data. Because data will be lost if the device is reset. That is the place where iCloud Restoration comes. Before resetting the device, user can take a backup of the data and save on cloud. And once the device is reset user can restore the saved data from cloud.
MDM backup refers to an iCloud backup that was created by an MDM enrolled device. Non-MDM is of course a backup from a non-enrolled device.
- Apple DEP device restored from a non-MDM backup from the same device – Device will not be automatically enrolled, will require manual enrollment of devices.
- Apple DEP device restored from an MDM backup from the same device – Device will be automatically enrolled upon restore, no authentication prompt will occur.
- Apple DEP device restored from a non-MDM backup from different device – Device will be restored but will finish activation assistant and prompt for enrollment.
- Apple DEP device restored from an MDM backup from a different device – Device will be restored and will finish activation assistant and prompt for enrollment of devices.
- Apple DEP Device restored from an MDM backup from a device enrolled in a different portal – Device will not be enrolled, will have a bad profile configuration.
- Apple Non-DEP device restored from an MDM backup from same device – Device will be enrolled – no user assigned.
- Apple Non-DEP device restored from an MDM backup from a different device – Device will not be enrolled.